Players can easily farm an endless amount of rupees by taking advantage of these item duplication bugs in Tears of the Kingdom. Find out how to Duplicate Items (Infinite Money Glitch) in Zelda: Tears of the Kingdom in the article below.
Rupees can be hard to come by in The Legend of Zelda: Tears of the Kingdom, particularly during the early stages of the game. Sure, players can sell items or complete side quests to top up their balance, but saving up enough to purchase some of the game’s more expensive items is going to take an awfully long time this way. Thankfully, there is a much faster method for farming Rupees.
By exploiting a glitch, The Legend of Zelda: Tears of the Kingdom players can duplicate any item that can be attached to an arrow with just a few button clicks. The process for doing so is incredibly simple and takes just a couple of seconds, allowing players to create hundreds of copies per hour, and, in turn, an endless supply of rupees.
Updated May 22, 2023, by Tom Bowen: New Tears of the Kingdom item duplication glitches are being discovered left, right, and center, with the latest TotK item dupe glitch allowing players to duplicate items faster than ever before. The shield hop method is a lot easier to pull off than previous methods too, making this a great option for those looking to farm infinite Rupees quickly with the help of a good TotK item dupe glitch.
How to Duplicate Items in Tears of the Kingdom (Infinite Money) – Shield Hop Method
The shield hop item duplication glitch was shared on Reddit by a user named heeissenberg and allows players to dupe up to five of any holdable item in just a matter of seconds. In order to pull it off, players will simply need a shield and the item that they want to dupe.
Players should use the unbreakable Hylian Shield if they have it, as performing this glitch will damage the player’s equipped shield and eventually lead to it breaking. It’s definitely worth it though, as this is by far the best item duplication glitch in Tears of the Kingdom, both in terms of how quickly it can be pulled off and how simple the process for doing so is.
- Press X, A, and ZL simultaneously to perform a shield hop.
- Press + to pause the game while Link is still in the air and then navigate to the Materials menu.
- Find the item that’s to be duplicated and choose the “Hold” option. Players can dupe up to five items at a time.
- Press the B and Y buttons simultaneously to exit the menu.
- Pick up the pile of duped items from the ground.
How to Duplicate Items in Tears of the Kingdom (Infinite Money) – Glide Method
Discovered by a Reddit user known as USBdongle6726, the latest TotK item duplication glitch allows players to duplicate items in a matter of seconds. All they’ll need is the item that they want to duplicate, Link’s Paraglider, and a spot high up enough to glide from. Assuming they have all of these things, players will simply need to follow the steps below:
- Make sure that the item that will be duplicated is in the last slot of the Materials menu. If it isn’t, players should drop it and then pick it back up again.
- Jump from a ledge and pull out Link’s Paraglider by pressing the X button.
- Pause the game by pressing the + button and then navigate to the Materials menu.
- Select an item that Link only has one of and then choose the “Hold” option.
- Scroll to the item that will be duplicated and select the “Hold” option. Ideally, players should have four of this item to hold, but the glitch will still work with just one.
- Quickly unpause and then repause the game by pressing the + button twice in quick succession.
- Repeat this process three more times before landing.
- Pick up all of the items from the large pile on the ground and then repeat the item dupe glitch as necessary.
How to Duplicate Items in Tears of the Kingdom (Infinite Money) – Bow Drop Method
In order to duplicate items, players will need four things: two bows, one arrow, and an item that can be fused to an arrow. This last item is the one that will be copied by performing the Tears of the Kingdom item duplication glitch. Assuming they have all of these things, players will simply need to follow the steps below:
- Tap the ZR button to pull out Link’s bow
- Hold up on the D-Pad and then use the right analog stick to select the item that will be duplicated
- Press the + button to pause the game and then navigate to the Bows and Arrows sub-menu
- Drop the currently equipped bow
- Equip another bow
- Quickly press the + button twice to unpause and then repause the game
- Drop the currently equipped bow
- Unpause the game and pick up the two bows
If done successfully, picking up the two bows will result in players gaining an extra copy of the item that they fused to the arrow. They’ll know if the glitch worked, as the two bows will fall directly on top of each other rather than side by side. If it doesn’t work, it’s likely because players didn’t unpause and then repause the game fast enough.
With a little bit of practice, though, players should be able to get the timings down and be able to successfully replicate the glitch in about three or four seconds, allowing them to duplicate an item more than 100 times every ten minutes or so.
What Are the Best Items to Duplicate?
When it comes to getting infinite money in Tears of the Kingdom, the best items to duplicate are the ones with the highest value, so things like Diamonds and other rare gemstones are a good place to start.
Players can also use this glitch to duplicate Zonaite, which can be very useful for those hoping to upgrade their Energy Cells, or beast materials, which should come in handy for anyone who plans on having the Great Fairies upgrade some of Link’s armor. It’s even possible to duplicate Zonai devices stored in capsules, which can make map traversal considerably easier.
The Legend of Zelda: Tears of the Kingdom is available for the Nintendo Switch.
What do you think about the guide to Duplicate Items (Infinite Money Glitch) in Zelda: Tears of the Kingdom in this article? Send us a suggestion in the section below if you have a question.